to be completed on arrival and prior to participation of the Kruger 2 Canyons Cycle Tour organised by the Rotary Club Hoedspruit
I (full names) __________________________________________________
Identity number __________________________________________________
Residential address __________________________________________________
do hereby warrant and acknowledge:
1. That my general health is good and there is nothing which renders me unfit to participate in the cycle tour organised by the Rotary Club Hoedspruit.
2. I understand and appreciate fully the fact that there may well be risks, hazards and dangers involved to which I would be subjected, more particularly,
2.1 I will be entering various wildlife estates by bicycle which is known as BIG FIVE PRIVATE NATURE RESERVES which have potentially dangerous animals, more particularly such as lion, leopard, cheetah, hyena, elephant, buffalo, various antelope, warthog, bush pig as well as poisonous snakes, spiders, insects and poisonous plants as well as other natural hazards which may occur whilst in the Nature Reserves and whilst participating in the cycle tour.
2.2 My participation of the cycle tour might be
2.2.1 Dangerous and even life threatening to my person;
2.2.2 Detrimental to my equipment whilst participating in the event and during the transportation to and from the starting point;
2.2.3 Risky for the safety of my equipment at the accommodation prior to commencement of the race.
3. That there will not always be sufficient protection against such dangers even though armed game rangers will accompany the whole of the tour, but may not be close to me at any given time.
4. That I am aware that rivers and dams contain bilharzia and sickness may result upon entry into such waters;
5. That I am aware of the hazards and distribution of malaria in Southern Africa and that I am entering a “malaria area” whilst entering the property of the private nature reserves
6. That I am aware of the potential dangers of exposure to the sun – directly or indirectly – and that serious sunburn may result from unprotected exposure;
7. That I and my equipment will be conveyed to and from the overnight accommodation supplied to me at Swadini prior to the commencement of the race;
8. THAT I will be cycling on National Roads being part of the cycle route and am fully aware of the dangers involved therein.
9. I accept the Standard Conditions of Contract applicable to the various Private Nature Reserves, which Standard Conditions of Contract have been supplied to me for perusal and I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in using the facilities, entering the properties and partaking in the activities offered.
10. I together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release Hoedspruit Rotary Club as well as Timbavati, Thornybush, Kapama and Blue Canyon Private Nature Reserves, its officers, servants, agents and representatives from any duty of care towards me in connection with my use of the facilities and participation in any activity, and from liability from all or any claims that could accrue to me, or my heirs, executors and administrators arising out of my usage of the properties, facilities and participation of activities or in any related activities, irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose from the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers or hazards inherent thereto, or of any loss of, damage to, any property from any cause whatsoever, and I further indemnity and hold harmless associated persons against any claims whatsoever as the same may arise.
Signed at _____________________on this ____ day of ______________ 2016